PGDM (Human Resources)
with focus on ManpowerGroup Co-Certified Talent Acquisition and HR Operations
World's Leading Fortune 500 HR MNC, in 80 Countries
EMPI’s Udai Pareek Human Resource Laboratory for Applied Behavioral Sciences (UP HR-LABS) is a centre of Excellence in HR at EMPI Business School New Delhi. Foundation stone of UP HR-LABS was laid down on May 3, 2004 under the Chairmanship of Dr. Udai Pareek, the then Chairman of the Academy of Human Resource Development, Ahmedabad and former L&T Chair Professor of Organizational Behavior at IIM Ahmedabad , and popularly known as the “HRD Guru” or the “Father of HRD Movement in India”. It started with a vision to produce competent HR professionals, who can make unique contribution to business rather than just provide HR services by working in the areas of education, training, consultancy, research and Assessment Centre and since then its is the most sought after PGDM (HR) Program in Delhi NCR
Now EMPI has tied up with one of the world's largest HR MNC, ManpowerGroup (A Fortune 500 Company with operations in more than 80 countries) to equip students with specialized skills that shall drastically increase their employability and make them relevant Talent managers in the 21st century "War of talent" that shall determine the future course of Companies and Countries. These specialized skills makes our students confident about their placements after PGDM Program.
Scope and Objectives:
Human Resource is the pillar of every organization. All resources in an organization can be bought by paying a cost but skilled human resource may not even come for a cost. Thus the role of HR is changing to a more strategic arena where it no longer plays a maintenance role but as frontrunners of organization. The course equips the students with knowledge of all HR activity from Human Resource Planning, Compensation Management, and Career Development, Grievance Handling and HR Audit etc.
- The program was broadly conceived under the leadership of the late Dr. Udai Pareek-the father of HR movement in India with a vision to create the best PGDM in Human
- The uniqueness of the program lies in the approach towards its design and conduct with a drastic re-modelling of practical inputs woven around theory through Projects/Live assignments from MNC Clients' of the ManpowerGroup
- The focus of the PGDM program is on experiential learning with a strong conceptual base of applied psychology and behavioral sciences and their amalgamation with management
- The program comprises of two-years of class intervention through experiential, experimental and practical learning
- The program is highly interactive and innovative. The course structure provides a perfect combination of conceptual Framework and practical insights to meet the challenges of the industry
Pedagogy will be experiential, practical based and experimental learning. Besides Classroom learning, simulation of business environment through management games, use of psychometric instruments, role plays, case studies, films, and group discussions will make learning purposeful and effective. Further the pedagogy in a sandwich model shall inter-weave theory and practice in and out of the Classroom and will involve Students working on actual "Live Projects" drawn together with the ManpowerGroup.
Opportunities for HR students are in area of recruitment, staffing and talent aquisition, HR Operations, HR consulting, training &development, compensation management & benefits in all sectors. With the theoretical knowledge boosted by practical exposure, the students will be fully job ready for an outstanding HR Career in India and abroad.